These pages chronicle my interest in brewing beer. Choose from the links below:
- Recipe List (full version) -- Here's a quick list of the recipes I've made. From here you can get more details of each beer.
- Equipment -- If you're interested in all grain brewing, here are a few details on the equipment I brew with.
- Book List -- Information on brewing from other sources, especially historical.
- Brewery Research -- Analyzing my beer. What explains variation in attenuation?
- Software -- A bit about the software that generates these pages, my recipes, and other tools.
The picture shows the primary fermentation of Ivan the Great. It's a huge beer (SG 1.100) and was pitched onto the yeast cake from a previous batch. It went crazy and foamed out all over the fermentation chamber and onto the floor. I wound up scooping foam off the top every half hour for the first day of fermentation. Yummy!