- Named for the shed that houses our above-ground water tank.
20-Apr-2007 -- 21-Apr-2007
Recipe (for 5 gallons final volume)
|6.0||pounds||(50%)||Castle Malt Pilsner|
|6.0||pounds||(50%)||Great Western White Wheat Malt|
|1.0||ounce||U.S. Hallertauer whole hops, 4.8% AA (60 minutes)|
|1.0||ounce||U.S. Hallertauer whole hops, 4.8% AA (15 minutes)|
- White Labs WLP380 Hefeweizen IV Yeast, pitched at 66°F
- Starter: 2 quart starter (vial -> 2 quarts), stir plate, cooling, decanting.
- Aeration: Drill aerator for two minutes after pitching
- Fairbanks city water
- 38.25 quarts water treated with:
- 4 ml Potassium Metabisulfide solution (50ppm). Removes chlorine ion and chloramine, reduces oxidation
- 18 quarts mash water treated with:
- 3.6 ml 88% Lactic Acid.
- 18 quarts water @ 163°F, grist ratio of 1.5 quarts:pound @ 156°F (Held 60 minutes), Mash temperature range 158 -- 153 F
- 7.5 quarts water @ 210°F, drain
- 12.75 quarts water @ 168°F, drain
- Boiled 8.0 gallons for 90 minutes to yield 5.5 gallons wort
- Primary: bucket, 10 days, 64°F, Temperature peaked at 70 F during active fermentation.
- Secondary: keg, 7 days, 64°F
- Kegged at 8 psi, 50°F (1.8 volumes CO2)
- Conditioned for 2 weeks
- Ready to drink on 19-May-2007
|Starting Gravity: 1.053||Final Gravity: 1.016|
|Original Extract: 13.1°plato||Apparent Extract: 4.08°plato|
|Real Extract: 5.79°plato|
|Alcohol: 4.8% by volume||(3.8% by weight)|
|Apparent Attenuation: 68.9%||Mash Efficiency: 70%|
|Bitterness: 20 IBU||Color: 5 SRM|
|BU:SG: 0.38||BV: 0.71|
Other Brewing pages:
|List of recipes||Equipment||Books||Brewery Research|